Posts Tagged ‘The Temptations’
I woke up Autograf‘s Mikul and Louis from a nap when I met then at the hotel. In fact they asked for another quick 15 minutes of sleep before we chatted.
Chicago indie dance band Autograf is three guys: Mikul Wing, Louis Kha and Jake Carpenter. Autograf started as an art collective modeled after Andy Warhol‘s legendary New York Factory scene. While working on art installations, Autograf made a few bootleg remixes (including 50 Cent, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and the Temptations) to fuel parties at their Future Factory space. These remixes became incredibly popular and soon offical remixes followed which eventually led to Autograf releasing original material.
Louis and Mikul were still groggy and disoriented when I woke them up the second time, but we had a great chat. How did an art collective become a dance act? What does the band mean when they tell each other to “bask like a lizard?” We start with the most important question: If Autograf is three guys, and Louis and Mikul get the two beds in the Autograf hotel room, where does the third man sleep? Listen to our chat.
Tracks played on the show…
1) Autograf, Future Soup EP (2016) “Future Soup” (featuring Patrick Baker)
2) 50 Cent & Lil Kim “Magic Stick” (Autograf bootleg remix)
3) Autograf, Metaphysical single (2015) “Metaphysical” (featuring Janelle Kroll)
4) Marvin Gaye “Grapevine” (Autograf bootleg remix)
5) Autograf “Dream” (Robotaki remix) (mp3)
6) Autograf “Dream” (original) single
7) Autograf, Future Soup EP (2016) “Heartbeat” (mp3)
NO songs CANCON
Here’s the extended version of my hang session with Autograf so you can hear all the stuff that won’t fit into radio length. Listen!