Posts Tagged ‘Killer Mike’
Pittsburg punk rockers Anti-Flag are 10 records into an extraordinary career. Since its inception, the band has been known for political activism, focusing on anti-war activism, anti-imperialism, class struggle, human rights, anti-sexism and anti-homophobia. These guys are personal heroes of mine because not only do they make music for the underclass, but Anti-Flag is a successful business that provides a living for the band and their friends.
I hung out with Anti-Flag drummer Pat Thetic in the alley behind the venue while openers Lee Corey Oswald took the stage.
Why did the band decide to make their 2015 record American Spring? Who crashed my interview? How will Pat answer when you offer him a joint? Which track on American Spring is a protest to drone attacks? Does Anti-Flag mentor young punk bands? Did Pat have a mentor when he was younger? Why is the song “Anatomy of Your Enemy” special to Pat? What has been the best fan reaction to Anti-Flag‘s music? Which musician does Pat want to thank for his influence on his life? Which Anti-Flag track was inspired by the Occupy Movement? Why don’t more punk rockers run for public office? Are Anti-Flag more threatening to the political establishment than Killer Mike (from Run the Jewels)? You’ll have to listen to find out!
The podcast edition of the show contains more of everything you love about The Interview Show.
Tracks played on the podcast edition of the show…
1) Anti-Flag, American Spring (2015) “Brandenburg Gate”
2) Anti-Flag, American Spring (2015) “Sky Is Falling”
3) Anti-Flag, Die for the Government (1996) “You’ve Got to Die for the Government”
4) Anti-Flag, Mobilize (2002) “Anatomy of Your Enemy” (mp3)
5) Anti-Flag, The General Strike (2012) “The Neoliberal Anthem”
6) Anti-Flag, For Blood and Empire (2006) “This Is the End (For You My Friend)”
NO songs CANCON