The Elwins make incredibly upbeat pop music. And when you meet them, you can understand why. I hung out with The Elwins on one rainy Vancouver evening. We huddled together under the awning of a closed coffee shop outside CBC Headquarters. You can hear the rain pour down in the background as we chat.
Which member of The Elwins kicked another member out of their high school band? What part of a tour is the worst part for The Elwins? Which Elwins song has a reference to King Kong in it? What would an “edgy” Elwins song sound like? What are The Elwins watching in the hotel room these days? How does the band deal with their need to reproduce? You’ll have to listen to find out.
Tracks played on the show…
1) The Elwins, Play For Keeps (2015) “So Down Low” (mp3)
2) The Elwins, Play For Keeps (2015) “Show Me How to Move”
3) The Elwins, Play For Keeps (2015) “It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over”
4) The Elwins, And I Thank You (2012) “Come On Out” (partial/background)
5) The Elwins, And I Thank You (2012) “Are You Flying With a Different Bird?”
6) The Elwins, Play For Keeps (2015) “Sexual Intellectual” (mp3)
ALL songs CANCON
The Elwins are back on the road and back in Vancouver, Wednesday, October 5th. They are on tour with Tokyo Police Club and Born Ruffians. See you at the show. (And next week’s episode of The Interview Show will be my chat with Born Ruffians!)