Thunder Bay born Coleman Hell is another internet music success story. He put his banjo-infused dance track “2 Heads” on Spotify and soon it was at the top of the streaming service’s charts. Before he knew it, Coleman Hell had an international record deal with Columbia Records.
I hung out with Coleman for a bit right after his soundcheck the last time he was in Vancouver. (You can hear him catching his breath at the beginning of our chat because he had literally run offstage.)
What weird object from Bjork‘s live show does Coleman want to put in his own show? Which sitcom star does Coleman have a huge crush on? What dark hip hop secret do I drudge up from his past? How does this secret involve Bill Murray? How is Coleman still just a small town boy from Thunder Bay? You’ll have to listen to find out!
Tracks played on the show…
1) Coleman Hell, Coleman Hell EP (2015) “2 Heads” (mp3)
2) Coleman Hell, Coleman Hell EP (2015) “Take Me Up”
3) Coleman Hell, Coleman Hell EP (2015) “Sitcom”
4) Coleman Hell, VENA EP (2014) “All the Monsters”
5) Burnz N Hell “Bill Murray” single 2010
6) Coleman Hell, VENA EP (2014) “Venezuela” (mp3)
ALL songs CANCON
Coleman Hell is back in Vancouver opening from Twenty One Pilots at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Monday, April 11th. See you there!