Lincoln Jesser led me inside Mansions on the Moon‘s luxury tour van so that we’d have a quiet place to do this interview. (You can hear the keys jingling in his hands as we talk.) The fact that he was using the headliner act’s van for his interview was fitting. (Lincoln Jesser was the opening act.) Lincoln has mastered that cool but cocky little brother vibe.
Lincoln Jesser is a indie synth pop music producer and performer who has been slowly building a fanbase thru word of mouth. His debut record, Modern Colors, has two of my favorite tracks from last year “Untold” and “Wicked Son.”
Which Coldplay track did Lincoln sing to get his first kiss from his high school girlfriend? What did touring the world with his best friend Yuna mean to him? What was it like growing up in the desert town where legendary music festival Coachella is held every year? How did Lincoln get out of trouble when his mom caught him smoking pot? Listen to our chat!
Tracks played on the show…
1) Lincoln Jesser, Modern Color (2014) “Untold” (mp3)
2) Lincoln Jesser, Modern Color (2014) “Wicked Son” (mp3)
3) Lincoln Jesser, Modern Color (2014) “Something Right”
4) Yuna, Yuna (2012) “Lullabies” (background)
5) Lincoln Jesser, Golden single (2014) “Golden”
NO songs CANCON